A Video Competition Sponsored by Image Brew, LLC
The Judges' Panel has voted. See the winners and the amazing finalists!
Break a taboo and produce a video about poop for a chance to win $500! What? Do I really think about poop? Of course you do, but like many throughout the world, we’re trained to not talk about the subject. And the hush-hush topic is fatal. Think back to the thousands of times you’ve sat on the can. Winning $500 is as easy as telling us a story about an experience.
To enter the contest, create a video about one of the following:
- A toilet failure. A time you or someone you know needed a toilet but one wasn’t available. Maybe the toilet was full, too far away, or too dirty to use. What happened? What would have helped your situation?
- A toilet success. Remember that time the facilities (at home or overseas) exceeded your expectations? What made it memorable? What can we learn from this success?
- A toilet innovation. Do you have a great idea that would help increase access to toilets in developing countries? Maybe it’s a business concept, an invention, or a way to raise awareness about the consequences of inadequate sanitation?
Need ideas? Watch the current entries. We have B-Roll available. Put together a photo collage. Or just tell us a quick story on your phone's web cam. No savvy required!
Get Bonus Potty Points: Water For People monitors is water and sanitation programs with a new technology called FLOW. The tool tells us what’s working, what’s in disrepair, and what’s broken. Tie FLOW into your video and you’ll get bonus “Potty Points” and a leg up on the competition. Learn more ways to get bonus points.
Free "Support a Movement T-shirt" and 2011 Calendar: All participants with an accepted entry into the contest will get a "Support a Movement" T-shirt and a 2011 Calendar!
Deadline: Final deadline to submit videos is December 2, 2010. More info on the deadlines.
Live in Latin America? Read this page.
Three winners will win $500 each! So take a crack at it!
Your creativity is needed to catalyze long-term change throughout the world. In celebration of World Toilet Day 2010, we’re asking you to lift the lid on your ideas about sanitation. It’s time to get innovative about fixing the real-life problems people face when they don’t have a place to go to the bathroom.
- You can enter an unlimited number videos, limit five minutes in length each, 200 MB.
- Make sure your video references Water For People and our web site, www.waterforpeople.org, stating “Water For People supports long-lasting access to water and sanitation in developing countries."
- Fill out the short registration form and upload your video.
- We’ll let you know when your video is approved and posted on our site.
It’s time to SUPPORT A MOVEMENT.
Other Important Links:
Terms & Conditions
Latin America Contest