GROW OUR IMPACT, NOT OUR FOOTPRINT
Water For People believes this vision of a better world is possible and achievable. Our initiative, Everyone Forever—unique in its scope and ambition—is the strategic imperative to make this a reality.
Over the next five years we will:
- Water For People will bring 30 districts—nearly four million people—across 10 countries to full coverage with the principles of Everyone Forever.
- Reaching Everyone: We won’t rest until every family, every school, and every health clinic in the districts where we work has access to improved water and sanitation.
- Leveraging Investment: We ensure that investment is shared among the local government, the community, and other partners to address current as well as future challenges of water systems and services.
- Achieving Forever: We look beyond the work of installing hardware—tanks, pipes, pumps, and latrines—and also focus on building local knowledge and institutional systems that support water and sanitation services Forever.
- Monitoring Impact: We commit to redefine water and sanitation sector transparency by leading on programmatic monitoring and the visualization of results in ways that transform aid transparency debates worldwide and across sectors. We will monitor our work for at least 10 years after project implementation to ensure that districts have functioning water and sanitation services that meet the needs of the people they serve.
- Replicating Success: We strive to build upon the momentum of Everyone Forever so that its principles can be adopted by organizations beyond Water For People to create sustainable water and sanitation services at a national level. Water For People will model our district-based initiatives to inform and operationalize broader national level programs in at least four countries where we work.
ENABLE EVERYONE FOREVER THROUGH RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Water For People will raise at least $25 million annually to support the necessary investment and financial flexibility to actualize Everyone Forever.
- We maintain unrestricted funds at 30% or more of total revenue to ensure we have the flexibility to make important catalytic and strategic investments.
- We prefund at least 30% of the annual budget through multi-year grants and pledges so we can maintain the momentum of Everyone Forever programmatic efforts.
- We diversify funding sources to lessen dependence on any one channel, i.e. no more than 30% of total revenue should be derived from foundations, corporations, individual contributions, or government entities.