JOIN Water For People
Business Development Data and Administration Assistant - PTE
Position Closes: 5 pm MST, Monday, January 27th
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees around the world help drive this solution.
About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Business Development Data and Administrative Assistant. Water For People has set out ambitious plans for the next five years that require increased financial support for our Everyone Forever impact model of extending sustainable water and sanitation services to everyone, without exception, in every district where we work. The success of this plan requires a strong Business Development team dedicated to a proven fundraising strategy to secure the resources the organization needs to accomplish its mission.
The Business Development Data and Administrative Assistant supports the Business Development team by ensuring the integrity of all donor and gift information in both the donor database and customer relationship management (CRM) system as well as supporting other administrative processes and protocols to help the team meet its fundraising objectives.
This exceptional candidate will demonstrate an understanding of organizational priorities, mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, as well as trust and teamwork in all aspects of Water For People business.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Ensures all information in donor-database records is current, accurate, and meets organizational standards by:
- Accurately entering donor information and gifts (cash, check, credit card, in-kind, stock, and online)
- Linking gifts to proposals
- Entering soft-credits
- Performing routine clean-ups
- Providing support when errors and issues arise
- Helps ensure that all information flowing between the CRM and donor database (Raiser’s Edge) is accurate
- Creates customized dashboards in Raiser’s Edge for Business Development users to optimize their donor-portfolio review and management
- Supports the prospect pipeline, which includes:
- Conducting research on identified prospects using WealthEngine, Guide Star, and general internet look-ups
- Identifying current donors with greater capacity and referring donors to the major gifts team for assignment, initiating prospect research process
- Generating donor/prospect reports to help identify opportunities within various donor segments
- Coordinating third-party data screening and enhancement services, as requested, and input results into database
- Supports relationship with state-registration vendor to ensure state registration documentation and campaign renewal forms are accurately completed and filed on time
- Prepares donation acknowledgment letters in accordance with Water For People’s acknowledgment protocol
- Works closely with the Finance Department to correctly code donations, reconcile on a monthly basis, and resolve discrepancies
- Supports marketing and communication efforts by performing donor-data segmentation, as requested
- Participates in local Water For People special events, as applicable
Behaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Connects with Others – demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and be comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences
- Action-oriented – has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years of experience in development at a nonprofit required
- 2+ years of experience managing a relational database including querying and reporting required; experience using The Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing a customer relationship management system preferred
- Accurate alpha-numeric typing skills required
- Advanced computer proficiencies with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, with a high level of sensitivity for propriety and confidentiality
- Knowledge of domestic and international water, sanitation, and health sectors is highly desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Open office environment
- This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MST, Monday, January 27th.
This is a nonexempt, part time (~20 hours/week) position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
- Employer-paid parking
- Walking distance from I-25 and Broadway RTD station
- Food trucks outside the office daily
- Dog friendly workplace