About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Regional Finance & Administration Manager - Latin America.
The Regional Finance & Administration Manager (RFAM) position oversees all aspects of the region’s accounting/financial systems and administration of the region’s country programs (CP). This position reports directly to the Controller and reports indirectly to the Regional Director Latin America (RD). The RFAM contributes to the implementation of organizational objectives by providing necessary financial, administrative, and logistical support to the Headquarters (HQ) office.
The RFAM will demonstrate understanding of organizational mission, vision, values, policies, procedures, and strategic goals as well as trust and teamwork in all aspects of Water For People business.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
Finance job functions and duties
- Serves as a liaison between CPs and HQ to maintain effective communication and ongoing engagement
- Serves as a voice for HQ in the region, in both financial and HR matters
- Works collaboratively with the RD, CPs, and HQ to assist in annual budget development including preparing budget timeline, Excel templates, training employees, reviewing and analyzing for reasonableness, and reviewing for compliance with existing grants
- Monthly review of financial statements and accompanying documentation from all country offices within the region by providing thorough, detailed analysis of financial statements for each country, relevant to each country or district’s specific grants and program activities with analysis of explanations for each major budget/forecast variance; thoughtful outlook on each country or district’s future budget performance; key insights and areas of financial concern; and any other pertinent issues related to each center’s ability to meet its financial targets.
- Recommends and assists with adjustments as needed
- Monthly review of the CPs funding requests and cash flow projections, processing of wire requests
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements for the region to the Controller and HQ, including a visual financial dashboard, once developed
- Works collaboratively with the Controller to ensure adequate cash flow management, reforecasting, and reporting
- Supports and confirms the quarterly review of the re-projection exercises, including analysis of the variations, and ensures that those are adequately reflecting any approved budget increases or decreases with supporting documentation and approvals
- Works collaboratively with the Programs department, specifically with the Regional Program Officer (RPO) and RD, to analyze and report on financial costs and trends across the CPs in the region
- Assists as needed in annual external and internal audit processes, donor audits, and preparation of audit workpapers for CPs
- Responsible for communicating external and donor audit results and variances to HQ along with proper follow-up coordination as needed
- Annually reviews compliance with country financial manual, to ensure all procedures and controls are adequately being applied
- Supports CPs in developing budgets for specific in-country funding opportunities
- Ensures all CPs are compliant with all aspects of the management of grants under their responsibility and work with CP accountants to ensure adherence to the legal requirements related to national taxes
- Supports and maintains the Grant Management process within the region and in conjunction with the Finance Grants Manager
- Provides support to CPs to build their capacity for grant management, through regular reviews and training as needed
- Works with CP accountants to perform a monthly reconciliation of temporary restricted monies and grant tracking for both financial and programmatic metrics, through the year
- Reviews reports for HQ and donors
- Supports CP accountants as needed with accounting software and accounting related queries
- Works with CP accountants to ensure fixed assets are tracked and maintained monthly and the relevant depreciation entries are reviewed and reconciled monthly
- Supports selection and technical assessment of new CP accountants, contributes to the training and follow up assessment of the CP finance profiles through dotted line management responsibilities
- Assists CDs in defining and reviewing the annual goals and performance of the CP accountants
- Facilitates training to country offices around organizational financial policies and procedures
- Provides FX tracking, monitoring, and adherence to FX policies across CPs
- Other duties as assigned by RD, Controller, or other HQ personnel
Human Resources and Admin istrative job functions and duties
- Works closely with CPs to ensure understanding and compliance with organizational and country specific policies and procedures and best practices in Human Resources and administrative functions
- Works collaboratively with the HR team to support CPs understanding and compliance with the HR policies and enables knowledge sharing with HR on local labor laws and customary practices
- Provides support to the HR team on initiatives such as the implementation of a global compensation database, policy implementation, and training
- Coordinates the maintenance of country org charts with CPs, and shares HR related documentation (e.g. employment contracts, org charts, performance documentation, etc.) with HQ’s HR team
- Provides support to the IT department on ensuring the accomplishment of IT policy in the region
- Provides support to donor’s visits when needed
- During the annual risk assessment process, provides support to the country programs and leads to ensure that risks in the areas of finance and administration are appropriately mitigated and in compliance with organizational and country specific regulations
- Provides support to the country programs to ensure that all legally required safety and security measures are adopted and in place
- Advises on employment laws, policies, rules, and procedures to employees, and managers regarding HR matters
- Assists and supports annual performance review process throughout region and participates in the process for dotted line reports
- Acts as a process owner for selected HR processes such as payroll changes, HRIS, recruiting, benefits, and volunteer and internship management
- Maintains vendor relationships with benefits providers
- Assists with the regional development and implementation of a global set of HR and administrative standards, policies, and procedures across the region while respecting local laws and culture
- Supports periodic reviews of regional HR policies and procedures
Behaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development; understands and demonstrates how own efforts impact on the larger organization and operates in alignment with the vision, values, and strategic objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization. Consistently follows through on commitments and lives our values of accountability, courage, empowerment, partnership, and transparency.
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness - Shows empathy, a high comfort level in low- and middle-income countries, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Action-oriented – Takes an entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to completing tasks. Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences.
- Manages through Ambiguity - Identifies, supports and champions opportunities for change and continuous improvement. Trusts the judgment of the field staff.
- Self-confident - Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role. Is unafraid and willing to take risks and courageously to find new ways to achieve the organization’s desired impact.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent related work experience is required
- Certified/Chartered Accountant fully qualified in ACCA or CPA from any of our countries of operation is preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a management role in Accounting or Finance departments
- Minimum 4 years nonprofit accounting/finance/grant management experience
- Minimum 2 years Human Resources experience, with exposure to all aspects of the employee life-cycle
- Professional-level bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish, written and spoken is required
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Understanding of the principles and practices of accounting, auditing, and financial reporting
- International multi-currency experience a plus
- Flexible and able to coordinate multiple projects and meet tight deadlines; must be able to work overtime periodically
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in communicating with diverse and international constituents to provide excellent customer service
- High level of attention to detail, self-motivated, and a team player
- Ability to be a creative thinker, energetic, and demonstrate enthusiasm and leadership in this role
- Ability to write, compile, and/or edit materials
- Advanced proficiencies with office equipment and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel up to 10% to all countries within a region
- Normal office environment
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 p.m. MST, Wednesday, June 26, 2019.
SCAM NOTICE: We do not conduct interviews via chat rooms and we will not ask for your bank information.