About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Office Administration, Safety, and Security Manager. The Office Administration, Safety, and Security Manager is responsible for managing the Denver headquarters (HQ) facility operations, overseeing safety and security globally, and maintaining the organization’s relationship with the Travel Management Company. This position involves managerial, logistical, and administrative activities to support these areas while implementing necessary policies, procedures, and processes.
The Office Administration, Safety, and Security Manager demonstrates trust and teamwork in all aspects of Water For People business and provides exceptional internal and external customer relations.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Manage Water For People’s day-to-day HQ office operations and facility management and act as the primary point of contact for all property and maintenance issues
- Administer organization-wide insurance broker relationships for property, liability, media, workers’ compensation, directors and officers, professional liability, and travel
- Develop and manages office management aspects of the Admin core budget
- Manage relationship with landlord and property manager related to lease and tenant issues
- Manage all office vendor relationships, including copiers, postage and shipping, printing, first aid, etc.
- Manage purchasing transactions for all office supply needs (including furniture, equipment, kitchen, vendi snacks, business cards, name badges, etc.) to ensure the most efficient use of resources in the office
- Manage relationship with Travel Management Company
- Provide direct supervisory oversight to the Administration and Internal Communications Coordinator
- Develop and ensure compliance with organizational policies related to employee travel and safety, dog-friendly workplace, office use guidelines, etc.
- Work in concert with Chief People Officer to develop and roll out Duty of Care (DoC) trainings and internal processes to support DoC initiatives
- Work in concert with HR and Administration and Internal Communications Coordinator to plan and carry out employee recognition including peer to peer kick-ass award, monthly birthday and work anniversary celebrations, milestone work anniversaries, and significant employee life events
- Lead event planning for annual holiday party, employee picnic, and plans or supports other workplace celebrations as needed
- Provide logistical support (including audio-visual equipment, etc.) for all headquarters meetings and events as needed
- Provide opportunities and facilitate workplace wellness activities and initiatives to support healthy employee lifestyles
- Maintain organizational records and manage the records retention process
- Maintain annual organizational memberships, renewals, and subscriptions
- Provide services to ensure general maintenance of office space (open/close office, kitchen cleanliness, plant maintenance, tidy office, etc.) and run errands (bank, post office, shopping, etc.) as needed in concert with the Administration and Internal Communications Coordinator
Safety and Security
- Register with OFAC and keeps abreast of global trends
- Lead the global safety and security program and policy development
- Develop country safety and security programs in conjunction with HQ team as well as country safety champions
- Ensure that global teams are aware of safety and security program and have proper training
- Own crisis management plan and provide annual simulations to test management’s response to a crisis
- Manage International SOS contract and ensure that employees know how to access and use its services
- Monitor Travel Tracker data, safety and security warnings from various vendors, and provides timely updates to travelers
- Manage all aspects of building security and function as the primary point of contact with security vendor and alarm monitoring company
- Serve as the lead for the headquarters safety committee
- Other duties as assigned
Behaviors and Competencies
- Builds Teams and Talent – Attracts, engages, develops, and rewards talented people to build individual and organizational capability needed to achieve desired impact.
- Connects to the Mission –Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Shows empathy, a high comfort level in low- and middle-income countries, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Action-oriented – Takes an entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to completing tasks. Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self-confident – Handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions; open to feedback and coaching.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Six years of general administrative and office management experience
- Experience working with a global organization
- Spanish language skills preferred
- One year of experience managing aspects of safety and or security for an organization
- Notary public, preferred
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively in team environment with the ability to engage staff and volunteers at all levels of the organization
- High level of attention to detail, self-motivated, team player with a demonstrated high level of effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to write and edit materials
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel 5% domestically and internationally to developing countries, where travel is rugged
- Valid driver’s license to make office errands
- Open office environment
- This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 30lbs
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
The deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MT, Friday June 28, 2019.
This is an exempt, full time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space:
- Employer-paid parking
- Walking distance from I-25 & Broadway RTD station
- Food trucks outside the office daily
- Dog-friendly workplace
SCAM NOTICE: We do not conduct interviews via chat rooms and we will not ask for your bank information.