JOIN WATER FOR PEOPLE
Position Closes: Position open until filled.
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees around the world help drive this solution.
About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Helpdesk Manager. Based at Water For People’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado, the Helpdesk Manager supports both domestic and international field offices. This position requires the ability to anticipate, analyze, and fix issues related to computers, switches, wireless, software, and general networking equipment. The Helpdesk Manager provides efficient support to end users and applies current technical solutions in a cost-effective manner to maximize efficiency of the organization to accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives. This position brings administrative and technical skills to the IT Team.
The Helpdesk Manager ensures that all information systems and related equipment are functioning properly and are installed with thought to the overall global organizational health, related to cost, benefit, and ease of use and support of employees.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Follows the vision and direction of the Director of Technology
- Manages the ticketing system/helpdesk to ensure user needs are met by the IT Team
- Ensures that all equipment and software used by the organization are operating at optimal levels
- Sets up employee equipment, including hardware, software, and cables
- Manages inventory and tracks IT assets used by the organization
- Maintains images of laptops for quick deployment
- Demonstrates an understanding of employees’ current and future needs
- Manages the sensitive information and technical piece of new hires and terminations within the organization
- Develops and enhances cooperative interdepartmental relationships and communications
- Prepares staff for smooth transitions into new technology
- Administrates AD\GAL which includes account creation, termination, changes, and report building
- Develops a wide understanding of staff used software for PC and Mac
- Stays current on the latest Windows OS and provides employees with appropriate support and advice on IT issues
- Supports the IT infrastructure including network, computers, and other hardware
- Makes hardware repairs as necessary and/or manages repair work outsourced to vendors
- Assists with the authoring, editing, and management of IT documentation to improve Water For People’s IT Policy, Procedures, and Protocols
As a part of the IT Team:
- Manages urgent situations, which may involve technical hardware or software problems
- Serves as a resource for country programs to increase their effectiveness in planning and implementation of IT solutions
- Creates training documents for Water For People assets
- Leads and participates in IT projects
- Initially responds to employee requests within 24 business hours
- Manages the helpdesk for optimal performance and support by resolving incidents in a timely manner
- Assists with the development and updating of plans for new product / service releases within the team
- Assists in the technical development of employee: monitors, mentors, and assists in English and Spanish
- Offers direct support and backup to the Director of Technology
Behaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Manages through Ambiguity - Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness - Shows empathy, a high comfort level in low- and middle-income countries, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Action-oriented – Takes an entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to completing tasks. Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills
- Self-confident – Handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions; open to feedback and coaching
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or credible IT certification from Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, etc., or equivalent training and experience
- Four (4) years directly related experience
- Fluent in Spanish and able to demonstrate communication at a conversational level
- Comfort in communicating with diverse and international constituents
- Excellent verbal/written communications and presentation skills
- Flexible, able to work under tight deadlines, long hours, and have excellent follow through skills
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic, and objectivity, highly organized
- Ability to work and communicate with coworkers on different technology skill levels
- Ability to learn and evaluate new software
- Material and Equipment directly used
- Have an optimistic outlook of technology and helping people
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Open office environment
- This is a full-time position based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please, no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
This position is open until filled.
This is a nonexempt, full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the level of experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
- Employer-paid parking
- Walking distance from I-25 and Broadway RTD station
- Food trucks outside the office daily
- Dog friendly workplace