SELLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Water For People does not sell your information to anyone, ever.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE WATER FOR PEOPLE
We may ask to share your personal information with third-parties, such as:
1. Processing of donations/receipts and marketing new fundraising opportunities to you;
2. Offering experiences, such as events, trips, and opportunities to engage you;
3. Coordinating support services and emergency services for you during trips;
4. Storing your information in a secure cloud-based third-party hosting site;
5. Responding to a legal or regulatory request for information, but only if we believe the request is valid and a response from us is required.
6. Between Water For People parent companies, subsidiary companies, and affiliates under common control and ownership of Water For People, which help us fulfill our mission.
7. If we aggregate, de-identify, or 'tokenize' information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you personally, but which can help us be better at raising funds for our mission.
NOT SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE WATER FOR PEOPLE
1. We do not make our donor lists available to other companies to offer you products and services.
2. We do not post your personal information when you provide us with testimonials of the effectiveness of our water and sanitation efforts.
3. We do not share your personal information for any reason other than as described in Sections 1-7 above.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you don’t voluntarily provide us personal information, we do not collect it. If you provide us your personal information and are over age 13, we assume you want to share in our mission and we will contact you about opportunities to partner with us in our efforts, notify you of events, etc.
DONOR OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
If you are a donor who wishes to remain anonymous, or doesn’t want to be contacted, please tell us and we will honor your request. If you would like to review, edit, or update your information, visit our Supporter Hub or email us.
DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Because Water For People cares deeply about its donors, we subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights, which was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. Therefore, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
I. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.