Skip to content

Giving FAQs

How do I change or discontinue my recurring donation?

Keep your recurring gifts, contact information, and email subscriptions up to date through our Supporter Hub. Securely access your record by providing the email address you used when you donated. Visit our Supporter Hub.

Can I get a receipt for my past donation?

If you gave directly to Water For People, please email us and we'll make sure you have the receipts you need. 

If you gave your gift through a third-party platform, like CrowdRise, Facebook, or United Way, you’ll need to contact them for a receipt. 

If you made your gift through your employer’s payroll deduction program, we won't be able to issue you an official receipt. Instead, you will need to receive documentation from your employer to validate your contribution for tax purposes.

Can I mail my donation?

Yes. If you wish to mail your donation, please make your check out to Water For People and send to: 

Water For People
100 E. Tennessee Ave
Denver, CO 80209

I’m from Canada, how do I get a tax credit with my donation?

If you donated directly to Water For People from Canada, we can only provide you with an acknowledgement. For future gifts that require a tax credit with your donation, please give through Canada Helps. This supports our partner organization, Water For People Canada. 

If you don’t want or need a tax credit, you are welcome to give directly.

Can I restrict a donation to a country or region?

Donations of $5,000 or more can be designated to a specific Water For People country program, with prior approval from our staff. Please email us at or use our online form to talk with a staff member about which country programs are in need of additional support.

What do you do with my information?

We respect and protect the privacy of our donors. We encourage our donors to read our Privacy Policy to understand how we treat donor information. Please visit our Supporter Hub to update or remove your information.

Can I receive a refund?

If you have made an error in making your donation or changed your mind about contributing to Water For People, we will attempt to honor your request for a refund if made within 7 days of the donation date.

To request a refund, please email us at or call 720.488.4590. Refunds will be given at the sole and exclusive discretion of Water For People. Refunds will be processed using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to the same card. Please note that once a donation is refunded, any previously issued receipt for that gift is invalid.

Will my company match a donation?

Many companies match donations their employees make to nonprofits. See if your company will match your donation to Water For People.

If you are a federal employee, you can support Water For People through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC number is 10916.

What is Water For People's Tax ID Number?

Water For People's Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 84-1166148. 

Water For People is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Please visit our Financials for further information and documentation about our nonprofit status. 

If you have another question that isn't answered here, please email us at or call us at (720) 488-4590.


Your support can help us make the world’s water crisis a problem of the past, for Everyone Forever.