The Foundation Program is committed to establishing and managing mutually beneficial fundraising collaborations between private foundations and Water For People. Private foundations partner with Water For People to implement unique and innovative approaches to water and sanitation development that are fundamentally transforming the lives of people in developing countries. These partners understand the need to test new methods that will help Water For People build sustainable solutions for the developing world’s water and sanitation challenges. Our primary role is to manage and coordinate strategic funding initiatives that are aligned with the foundation’s strategies and with Water For People’s program priorities.
Five strong reasons to partner with Water For People
- Water For People is a next-generation international development organization. We are challenging the “business as usual” approach by insisting on sustainable, scalable water and sanitation solutions that last beyond the immediate life of the project.
- Water For People invests heavily in monitoring our work. We believe we are morally obligated to the people we serve to understand what approaches work and what do not.
- Water For People works to build local capacity. We believe that success is achieved when key local role players—the local private sector, local civil society, and local government—are supported so they can act on their areas of responsibility.
- Water For People leverages external funding to increase our impact. We believe that successful programming takes place when all stakeholders play their part in managing both the risks and rewards.
- Water For People promotes social entrepreneurism. We believe in unleashing the power of the local private sector to solve development problems, and we look for ways to get money circulating in the water and sanitation sector.
We would like to thank the many private foundations who generously support our water and sanitation programming.
The following foundations supported Water For People with $100,000+:
The Stephen & Sandy Rosenthal Foundation
Kenneth L. Harder Trust
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
The following foundations supported Water For People with $10,000+:
- Ansara Family Foundation
- Blackie Foundation
- C.G. Charitable Fund
- Craig Newmark Philanthropic Fund
- Family Alliance Foundation
- Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund
- Fondazione L'Albero della Vita Onlus
- Foundation Ensemble
- Geoffrey and Susan Schmidt Foundation
- Henry E. Niles Foundation
- Horne Family Foundation
- Laird Norton Family Foundation
- The Liniger Family Foundation
- Resnick Family Foundation
- The Spurlino Foundation
For more information, please contact Chrissey Buckley, Manager of Strategic Alliances, at 720.488.4583 or firstname.lastname@example.org.